Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Valentine's Day! Music for You


I am now starting a twice a week segment called, "Music for You!"
Here is how it will work: I will post 1 or two songs/albums w/ a sample. Along with the sample, I will post some information on the artist/group and their style of music, and information on the song/album itself! Ok?
I am a new writer, JMJuke, and I will post Mondays and Fridays to give you some notable music/artist information. Yesterday (February 13, 2011) the Grammys were on. Some winners included Lady Gaga, Lady Antebellum, Arcade Fire, etc. Two songs I found interesting were "Born This Way," by Lady Gaga, and "Ready to Start," by Arcade Fire. I assume most of you have heard these songs. I personally hadn't heard of Arcade Fire before last night!

 

Lady Gaga had put this track on hold many times. She finally finished, and it has been released. Along with this new song, she has come out with a new 'look.' It looks like she has implanted horns and shoulder spikes. They look.. different, and painful. It might be cool. But not so much, hun.

 

Arcade Fire is from Canada. They speak French (most members) and English like in their songs. I've come to like their style of music, but some of it is not the best. I like this song, though! This album won 'Best Album' award at the Grammys.

xoxo,
JMJuke

No comments:

Post a Comment